Wednesday, June 10, 2009


We got all excited about the "opening" of Cuba until I checked it out.
According to the US State Dept.(click link above):
"In addition to the appropriate general or specific license, persons seeking to travel to Cuba, via aircraft or vessel, must obtain a temporary sojourn license from the Department of Commerce. Temporary sojourn licenses are not available for pleasure boaters. Additional information is available from the U.S. Department of Commerce at Pursuant to an Executive Order issued after the 1996 shoot-down incident, boaters departing south Florida ports with the intention of entering Cuban territorial waters also must obtain permission in advance from the U.S. Coast Guard. The U.S. Coast Guard provides automated information at 1-800-582-5943."

No comments: