Monday, April 12, 2010

Letter to Florrie

Luv,
  I don't remember if I told you but after you left, the fridge kept tripping the off circuit on the compressor.  I guess it misses you too.  I put some more 134A into it but it didn't help.  I finally figured out that it might be poor heat exchanging so I looked at the strainer.  It was full of that seaweed that sticks to metal under the boat.  I put in a new strainer and now it works...well at least for about 10 minutes then shuts itself off again.  I have put clorox thru the system to kill whatever might be left.  Right now we get 1o+/- minutes then have to wait for about an hour before we can get another 10 minutes.  The temperature goes down a couple of degrees  In between, if I try to turn it on, it turns itself off within 15 seconds.  The weird thing is that it is and has been pumping out water just fine the whole time which may be why it took me so long to think of the strainer.  Looks like it is time to take the whole thing apart and make sure there is no seaweed in it.  YUCH.  It is a good thing I can get good ice here.  Well it could be worse...it could be the head.  Been there, done that.  Thank goodness it is a fresh water system.
  Anyway, I have also checked the strainers for the salt water intake for the engines (they are fine) and plan to check it for the generator (which is working fine) today.
Cruising IS fixing your boat in exotic places.





The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.

No comments: